Sometimes, you walk in your front door or basement, and an unpleasant odor smacks you in the face. You check every nook and cranny, trying to detect the source of the offensive smell. You wonder if one of your pets left you a “gift” and start scrubbing your carpets and upholstery futilely.
You continue the search for hidden food, which may have dropped in between the sofa cushions. Then, you open the windows after some crumbs in your oven smoke up the entire house. However, attempts to rid your house of the nasty smell continue to plague you for weeks.
Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) Suggestions for Tackling Smells
After a month of frustration, you find “Tips To Help Odor Control In Your Home” from the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC). Here are some of the suggestions:
- Extensive cleaning and use of correct antimicrobial agents: An oxidizer or enzyme can break down the organic matter on all surfaces that the smoke contacted. However, finding the right one can be challenging without the proper training and experience. Smoke is especially stubborn because it penetrates carpet, furniture, walls and ceilings.
- Professional odor treatment: Most homeowners cannot identify and eliminate the source of these challenging odor problems. Professionals certified through the IICRC are trained to detect and isolate the source quickly. Based on their extensive knowledge, IICRC-certified technicians learn about effective odor removal, along with the most advanced technologies and treatments.
- Elimination of molds and bacteria: IICRC-trained water damage restoration technicians can identify and remove the molds and bacteria, which may be the odor-offending culprits. Water damage restoration professionals also know the correct way to dry material, which can also cause bad smells. These professionals can help a home or business owner eliminate odors permanently.
More Information About Affordable General Contractor Services in Springdale, AR
The IICRC-certified technicians at NWA Restore It, Inc. are experts at removing all types of odors. Besides unpleasant smoke and pet smells, we have successfully removed skunk and other rodent odors. When you have this type of problem and need immediate help, you can always count on our team.
For example, we arrived promptly to help a homeowner deal with a skunk, which had sprayed throughout the house. Our trained and knowledgeable technicians completely eliminated the smells.
In another case, a skunk was caught in the wall of a new home. We found the animal, removed it from the wall and eliminated the nasty scent. Our team does whatever is necessary to restore a pleasant environment in your home.
Besides odor elimination, NWA Restore It, Inc. is a master restorer with IICRC certifications in the following:
- Applied structural drying
- Fire and smoke restoration
- Mold remediation and removal
- Water damage restoration
We also offer:
- Textile cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Upholstery cleaning
- Fabric cleaning
Do you have an odor in your home, which you can’t tolerate another minute? Do you need mold remediation and removal, so your entire family can breathe easier again? Are you ready to zap those nasty smells with professional textile, carpet, upholstery and fabric cleaning?
To schedule an appointment or request 24/7 emergency services, call NWA Restore It, Inc. now.