First of all, it definitely depends on what the spill or stain is, you are welcome to call your local professional carpet cleaner to ask them questions based on the specific spill you are trying to get up. Here, we are going to cover the most common type of spill and that is something like Kool Aid, pop, or wine.
- If you spill something like Kool Aid, pop, or wine on your carpet you need to blot it up with warm to hot water and a white terry cloth immediately.
- Press the cloth into the carpet to absorb as much of the liquid spill into the rag as possible.
- Most carpets have what is called an acid dye blocker already on them, which keeps the stain from settling into the fiber of the carpet too quickly.
- If it has been 2 years or longer since you have had this protector reapplied then it is likely it has worn off and the stain will settle more and faster.
- If the stain does not come up after blotting, do not apply anything to the stain. Applying other chemicals or stain removers will only press the stain further into the fibers of the carpet.
- Something to note is that there is science behind carpet cleaning and using other chemicals can affect the PH balance and set the stain further into your carpet or discolor your carpet.
- If you have any questions, please call NWA Restore It, Inc. at (479) 644-4246.