Mold is a fact of life. It can grow in any damp part of your home, and even on your food. Now the question becomes, is mold safe for your health? The answer is sometimes yes, sometimes no. The risks aren’t worth leaving mold alone; however, so if you see it growing anywhere in your home, it’s best to have the issue taken care of immediately.
Whether it’s a mushy formation on your juice, a powdery black spot on your bread, or a fuzzy white patch on your basement floor, mold is more than just an unsightly annoyance. In fact, it can make you sick, especially if you have asthma or allergies. For those who are sensitive to mold, ingesting, inhaling, and even touching mold spores can lead to allergic symptoms such as skin rashes, red eyes, runny nose, and sneezing. People with severe mold allergies can have more serious reactions, including shortness of breath and massive asthma attacks.
In small doses, mold merely acts as an irritant. This is why the beginning stages of mold sickness can be similar to a basic cold or allergy attack. If you frequently suffer from these symptoms when you enter your home, it’s a sign that your home could very well have a mold problem. Contact a mold remediation professional to confirm whether or not this is the case.
For mold-sensitive people, staying in a contaminated area for a long period of time may lead to the following conditions: constant headaches, vomiting, constant fatigue, diarrhea, weight and hair loss, sinus infections, sores, skin rashes, sexual dysfunction, and short-term memory loss.
Staying in a mold-infested environment for a long period of time, and not seeing a doctor when symptoms have worsened can lead to the following: blindness, bleeding lungs, short-term memory loss, brain damage, cancer, and even death.
If you suspect mold growth in your home, don’t wait until your symptoms get worse. Set up an appointment with a specialist, like NWA Restore It, Inc., for efficient mold remediation and comprehensive removal services.