Mold is usually not a problem indoors. This is unless spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. They produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Inhaling or touching this toxic substance or the spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis).
Allergic reactions are common. They can be immediate or delayed. This toxic substance can cause asthma attacks. Therefore, it can be a serious health risk for people with asthma who are allergic. In addition, exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both allergic and non-allergic people. Research and health effects are ongoing.
This [guidance] provides a brief overview. It does not describe all potential health effects related to exposure. The licensed remediation professionals at NWA Restore It in Centerton, AR can provide more detailed information.
In conclusion, specialized expertise matters not only in removing it itself but also in preventing its return when dealing with mold damage. If the root of the problem, such as water damage, is not addressed, it’s only a matter of time until it returns. NWA Restore It is Northwest Arkansas’ remediation specialist, and we are proud to say that we are certified in mold remediation and the treatment of mold-damaged structures.