When you arrive home and close the door, you think that you are in a safe place. Most of all, you go to sleep, trying to escape all of your worries about fire damage restoration Northwest AR. However, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that home fires are a major problem, particularly during the evening.
Home Fire Statistics
The NFPA has provided alarming statistics about house fires. Here are some of the details:
- Half of home fire deaths result from incidents that occur during 11 p.m. and 7 a.m. Most residents are sleeping during these hours, and only one in five house fires were reported during these times.
- Bedrooms involve one quarter of home fire deaths. Another quarter of these incidents occur in the living room, family room or den.
- Three out of five home fire deaths result in houses without smoke alarms or properly functioning ones.
- On average, seven people die in U.S. house fires every day.
- The top sources of house fires are cooking and heating equipment, respectively.
Importance of Smoke Alarms and Escape Plan
One easy precaution is installing a working smoke alarm. Here are some important points to know:
- Working smoke alarms reduce the chance of death in reported home fires in half.
- In fires that are strong enough to trigger smoke alarms, hardwired ones operated 94% of the time. In addition, battery powered alarms worked 80% of the time.
- When smoke alarms do not work, absent, disconnected or old batteries are the reason.
In conclusion, replace smoke alarms every 10 years, and check the batteries regularly.
Contact Us for Fire Damage Restoration Northwest AR
Did you have a fire at your home, which caused devastation for your family? NWA Restore It, Inc. offers 24/7 help during fire emergencies. Contact us for fire damage restoration Northwest AR