Water damage incidents can add up. Consider some of the following facts:
- Between 2014 and 2015, more than 205,000 claims were filed for water damage at businesses across the country.
- The states with the highest incidence of water damage are California, Florida, Texas and New York, with Pennsylvania and Georgia close behind.
- An average, water damage from a sink will run $7,000 for each instance.
- For toilets, that number ranges between $2,000 and $10,000.
- Leaking roofs are the most common cause of water damage, especially in areas that experience freezing weather, strong winds or hail.