With a month left to enjoy summer parties, activities in your home can reach a feverish pitch. One of your kids may knock over the guacamole dip, and a neighbor may spill coffee on your upholstery. NWA Restore It, Inc. is an affordable general contractor Northwest Arkansas and ready to help!
First of all, our company is a master restorer with Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) certification in upholstery and fabric cleaning. Consequently, here are some IICRC tips, so you can avoid larger problems.
Ways to Avoid Permanent Stains
If you act promptly, you can often prevent stains from leaving permanent marks. This point particularly applies to alcohol, soft drinks, soil and pet accidents. According to the IICRC, these steps will ease the spot-removal process:
- React quickly: The ANSI/IICRC S100 Standard indicates that spots sitting on the top layer of upholstery can start to alter the material. As a result, small marks may turn into big stains.
- Clean off solids: You’ll get a head start on permanent stains if you remove upholstery offenders like cake or dirt. Also, lift these items with a spoon or knife.
- Dab away the mess: If you gently dab at a spot with a towel or napkin, it may drink up the extra liquid. You can then apply the right stain solution, starting from the outside toward the center. In addition, don’t rush, avoid applying excess water and resist rubbing or brushing.
- Test a small area: Tackle a small section, so you can see the reaction. If you see changes in fabric color, contact a professional upholstery cleaner.
- Gain clarity with water: In these cases, rinsing will help you remove spots. Furthermore, blot until dry.
Contact an Affordable General Contractor Northwest Arkansas
Are you looking for a certified upholstery cleaning professional? Contact NWA Restore It, Inc.!