If you anticipate remaining in your home for a relatively long period, you will probably need to repair or replace your roof at some point. Roofs can take a beating from severe weather issues, occurring more frequently as we deal with drastic climate changes. Over the years, wear and tear of materials may also lead to roofing projects.
As a homeowner, it is critical to arm yourself with knowledge. If you plan, in advance, for necessary repairs, you will reduce the number of surprises that knock you for a loop. With some long-term planning, you can start to prepare for these events in advance.
When you first purchased your home, do you recall the suggestion that your roof might last 15 years? If the prior homeowner replaced it in recent years, you might even extend that time. In fact, U.S. News & World Report reported the following guidelines for the life of roofs made from various materials:
- Slate, copper and tile: more than 50 years
- Wood shake: approximately 30 years
- Fiber cement shingles: approximately 25 years
- Asphalt shingle/composition: approximately 20 years
Weather Conditions Decreasing Roof Life Span
Extreme climate changes and severe weather conditions take a toll on the exterior of your home. Damage from the following may cut the life span of your roof short:
Every year, acts of nature result in emergency home repairs. In 2013, the U.S. Census Bureau reported the following roof repairs, which were related to these disasters:
- Tornado/hurricane: 606,000
- Flood: 229,000
Other Clues for Roof Repair or Replacement
If a weather incident does not lead to roof repairs or replacement, other issues may be involved. Are you wondering about the clues, which signal a roof alert? It is important to contact a roofer if you notice any of the following:
- Curled, cracked, missing or lifting shingles
- Spots of light in our attic under the chimney
- Water stains or moist areas
Professional Roofing Repair and Damage Assessment
Even if you remain vigilant about checking your home for signs of roofing problems, you need a professional roofing assessment. To be safe, you should schedule an experienced company like NWA Restore It, Inc. to handle this task annually.
Here are some reasons that you can depend on our company:
- Property claim specialist company with HAAG certification: This roofing inspection certification is the only one that all insurance companies recognize.
- Preferred contractor for many insurance companies: We are qualified to handle roofing claims through insurance providers as well as calls from individual customers.
- Experience handling a wide variety of roofing jobs: Our teams handles anything from replacing entire roofs, assessing and scoping roofs for damage that is a covered insurance loss, repairing storm damage as well as any other roofing maintenance.
As an affordable general contractor in Bentonville, AR, NWA Restore It, Inc. is committed to protecting our clients and employees. Customers are always welcome to check our references. After you hear other clients speak about our quality work, schedule a roofing assessment with NWA Restore It, Inc. now.